It has been reported that up to 20% of the adults in the United States avoid dental visits due to dental anxiety or fear. This avoidance often results in delayed treatment which can cause a relatively minor condition to grow into a big (and painful) problem. For example, a delay in getting even a filling can result in an extremely painful infection if the treatment is not performed in time. The affected tooth may then require either root canal therapy (and crown) or extraction to rid the body of the infection.
At Bushnell Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, our team works hard to make sure that you will be comfortable receiving the dental treatment that you need even if you are afraid of going to the dentist. We care about you and use kindness and the latest technology to give you the best possible experience. Some of the ways that we work to enhance your experience are listed below:
- Nitrous Oxide is available to help relax you during your appointment.
- Anti-anxiety medications can be prescribed for your appointment.
- Each treatment room is equipped with a television for your enjoyment.
- Each treatment chair is equipped with a built-in back massager for your comfort.
- Intra-oral scanning can be used to eliminate the need for messy impressions.
- Computerized anesthetic delivery system can be used to eliminate anxiety associated with traditional injections.
- Crowns can be manufactured in our office so that the entire procedure can be completed in one appointment. You can leave the office with your permanent crown on the day that treatment is started.
- You will love our beautiful office and our caring team!